Time & Location
About The Class
The opportunity to massage a woman during her pregnancy is truly a gift! Many questions arise about the safety of massage during this time and what special positioning and techniques should be considered. This class will answer these questions and more. Topics covered will include:
• Positioning the pregnant client
• Trimester recommendations
• Precautions & contraindications
• Reduction of musculoskeletal strain and pain due to pregnancy
• Nurturing the pregnant woman.
L.M.T. graduated from Bellingham Vocational Technical Institute in 1977, and has worked as an LVN until 1997.She then attended Kali Institute for Massage and Somatic Therapies in 1997. After taking all the programs she began to teach at Kali from 2000-2008. Then continued to teach at Alive Institute from 2008-2010. Patty has had her own practice massage practice since 1997. Patty has specialized in pregnancy massage for almost 20 years, she also practices, Swedish, Deep Tissue and Energy Love.
Note: Students need to bring 2 regular bed pillows or 1 body pillow
in addition to sheets and lubricants to class.
- Pregnancy Massage Credit Price$95$950$0
- Pregnancy Massage Recreational$60$600$0
- Registration Fee$25$250$0