Tue, Mar 12 | 746 E Main St
This Somatics course is mostly based on the work of Thomas Hanna and includes concepts from author Dr. John Sarno (Mind Over Back and Healing Back Pain) as well as the work of the HeartMath Institute.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Mar 12, 2019, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
746 E Main St, 746 E Main St, Ventura, CA 93001, USA
About The Class
- Somatics is an exploration of the innate intelligence of our bodies. It is an opportunity to learn about how your nervous system responds to stimuli in your environment, how the stress response works, and how habituated muscular contractions can lead to tension, pain and signs of aging.
- The Somatics course is mostly based on the work of Thomas Hanna and includes concepts from author Dr. John Sarno (Mind Over Back and Healing Back Pain) as well as the work of the HeartMath Institute.
- The course draws on these influences, along with two decades of bodywork experience from Hellerwork, to show you how to overcome the detrimental effects of common stresses within the modern technological society. Utilizing these simple movements and being aware of how stress response is at play in your lives gives you the tools to recuperate, rejuvenate and convey these principals to your clients, family and friends.
- Registration Fee$25$250$0
- Tuition for Somatics$195$1950$0
- Non-credit hours tuition$120$1200$0